Careers At Verbal Beginnings
Current job opportunities are posted here as they become available.
Autism ABA Therapist/ Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) - Frederick, MD
Autism ABA Therapist/ Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)
Verbal Beginnings offers a fun and rewarding environment for our staff. We strive to create a supportive atmosphere that promotes professional growth and learning. The role of the ABA Technician/RBT is to provide home and community based ABA services to Verbal Beginnings' clients. This includes the implementation of a treatment plan developed by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) addressing communication, behavior, feeding, ADLs and social skills. The ABA Technician/RBT will also monitor the progress of a treatment plan and work closely with the BCBA to update the treatment plan as necessary. The ABA technician/RBT position is a part time position up to 30 hours per week.
* Provide 1:1 ABA therapy in home and community based environments
* Implement individualized treatment plans developed by BCBAs
* Collect data to monitor the progress and effectiveness of the individualized treatment plan.
* Provide regular written and verbal progress updates on treatment goals.
* Support the BCBA with training families on implementing individualized treatment plans.
* Participate in team meetings and training workshops.
* Insure that the client is in a safe and positive environment at all times.
* Follows the policies and procedures of Verbal Beginnings, LLC.
* Bachelor's Degree in Psychology or a related field such as Education or Speech Therapy
* Experience working with children with developmental disabilities
* Experience working with children with behavior problems
* Excellent communication skills
* Experience working in home setting
* Must have a valid driver’s license
* Must have valid car insurance
* Must have own reliable transportation
* Willing to work evening hours (3:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.) and weekends
* BLS certification or willing to obtain certification
* Competitive Pay
* Professional Development
* Leadership Opportunities
* Health Benefits
* Opportunities to work closely and learn from professionals in the field.